The SDG Academy’s new office at the Jeffrey Sachs Center on Sustainable Development, Sunway University, is seeking a dynamic and experienced Education Manager to support the ambitious production and expansion plans of the SDG Academy in Asia. This role provides a unique opportunity to manage the complex process of creating massive open online courses, to engage with experts at the top of their field from around the world, to catalyze a diverse and motivated global student base, and to experience the rapidly evolving field of online education and its far-reaching ramifications first hand.
The ideal candidate must be able to play a multi-tasking role as mandated by a small team, including to:
- Manage the process of course production, including syllabus design, pre-production, filming, post-production, course launch, and course reflection and feedback
- Liaise with content experts, production team, technical team, and relevant SDG Academy/SDSN colleagues throughout process
- Provide substantive and pedagogical feedback on initial syllabus, course scripts, and post-production cuts
- Provide content and pedagogical support for university partners
- Assist with the development and review of content for Mission 4.7
- Manage the creation and curation of other educational outputs branded through the SDG Academy, including lecture series, webinars, podcasts, toolkit videos, and data visualizations
- Design and implement additional SDG Academy offerings and products to build on the mission of the initiative
- A degree in international education, sustainable development or related field, with a Master’s degree preferred.
- Professional fluency in English required; with fluency in additional languages preferred
- Minimum of 3-5 years of relevant experience required, with experience in online education and/or sustainable development preferred
- Exceptional writing, drafting, and oral communications skills required
- Experience with video production, course development, and/or online learning management systems strongly preferred
- Adept at learning and navigating new technologies quickly
Please send your application letter and CV to email@example.com